Classic scrambled eggs, but better! Eggs are a fantastic base for adding all kinds of additional veggies and flavors. I challenge you to think outside the box and start adding some new foods to your scrambled breakfast. Beans make a surprising compliment to a simple egg dish and is a great way to add additional protein and fiber.
Making scrambled eggs is easy and versatile. Don’t limit yourself to traditional add-ins! Get creative. Look in your fridge, and use up what you have. Use left-over roasted vegetables, or top with freshly sliced tomatoes or salsa.
Favorite add-ins for easy scrambled eggs:
- Spinach + White Beans (pictured below)
- Sautéed portobello mushrooms + White cheddar cheese
- Sautéed bell peppers + onions + black beans
- Kale + Sundried tomatoes + Parmesan cheese
Healthy Scrambled Eggs with White Beans and Spinach
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 handfuls Fresh Spinach
- 1/4 cup White Beans
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 splash Milk
- Crack eggs in a bowl. Add a splash of milk and stir with a whisk or fork until well mixed.
- Preheat pan over medium heat; drizzle with olive oil.
- Add spinach to heated pan. Sautee until wilted.
- Add beans, stir until heated through (about 1 minute).
- Add eggs to pan. Cook, stir intermittently until eggs are cooked through.
- Enjoy! Serve with whole grain toast.